DISCLAIMER: this is not a paid post and/or endorsement to any brands and/or companies mentioned herein.
Last year, I surfed the internet searching for (scientific) articles or post regarding cancer. One of many topics that captured my curiosity is about choosing water over any drink. If I will sum up the articles regarding water for cancer patients is this: cancer lives in a acidic environment thus we must make our body to have a high pH level to kill the cancer and its environment.
One way of making our body high in pH level is choosing water over any drink. Since not all water are created equal, they (the articles) are recommending the "alkaline water." In the market today, we have four (4) kinds of drinking water available: Spring aka mineral water; Purified; Distilled and Alkaline. We chosen Nature Spring Red as our alkaline water source since its the only brand that we can afford and its name is also trustworthy.
|Photo NOT mine. Taken from Nature Spring Website. All Rights Reserved to the Owner.|
Aside from drinking alkaline water, we refrained also from drinking milk, coffee, soda, tea and hot choco. BUT in case we crave - we can not totally ban it fo life - as a substitute, we drink soy bean milk (aka soya milk) and teas from the leaves of: guyabano (soursop); and malungay (moringa). Of course I will be a hypocrite if i say we totally stopped drinking those acidic drinks. YES of course we still do drink it BUT right now in a very minimal serving as possible.
MORE TIPS to make drinking water (both noun and verb) more pleasurable and more healthy:
* add one piece of lemon in every liter of water. Just slice up the lemons and mix it to your water. Add mint leaves if desired. The next day, drink a glass or two upon waking up (yes in empty stomach). You can add honey too to sweeten it. Lemons are acidic by nature BUT it becomes base or alkaline if mixed up with water and when it metabolized in our body.
* mix a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and a tablespoon of honey into a glass (8oz) of water. Drink this on empty stomach. This drink is also proven to help lose weight.
* Drink 2 glasses of water upon waking up to activate our internal organs
* To reduce indigestion, drink up a glass of water or two before main meals (lunch or dinner) preferably 30min before eating.
* Drink a glass of water before taking a bath to lower blood pressure.
* Lastly drink a glass of water before going to sleep to help you reduce the risk of stroke and heart attack.
with those tips, you can now have a reason to met your 8-12 glasses of water intake per day.